Fields and Facilities
- Sandlot Sports is committed to the safety of everyone who enters our facility, and our staff is diligent about preventing injuries and accidents. We are also well trained in emergency response. You can be confident that Sandlot Sports is a safe place for people of all ages to play and hone their skills.
- Bats are carried below the waste at all times outside the cages and on the outdoor fields
- Helmets are always worn inside the cages
- Catchers are required to wear a helmet, facemask, throat guard, full-length chest protector, athletic supporter with a cup, shin guards and a catcher's mitt whenever they are catching pitches inside or on our outdoor infields / bullpens
- Players under the age of 12 are required to be accompanied by a parent, guardian, or coach while in the Sandlot cages and field area.
- Our staff is trained in emergency first aid and CPR
- Our trainers and staff are trained to recognize and respond early to symptoms of sports related injuries and illnesses.
- First Aid Kits & Fire Extinguishers are readily accessible
Excessive Pitching and Improper Mechanics:
- There is an epidemic in America of sore and damaged pitching arms caused by excessive pitching and improper throwing mechanics. Pitching, particularly for adolescent arms that are still growing, puts an enormous amount of strain on joints and tendons. Injuries to wrists, elbows, rotator cuffs, ligaments, and tendons can result from excessive pitching but can be largely avoided if players and coaches follow a few simple guidelines and adhere to common sense. Your Sandlot Sports pitching experts will work with you to establish a reasonable pitching regiment for you or your player that is designed to maximize results while minimizing injury.
Request information regarding Sandlot Sports here: Contact Us